Pothos - 19 €Potos look great everywhere! This is a popular and resistant plant with lovely heart shaped leaves.
Choose a matching pot:
You might need...
Pothos Small (up to 40cm)
Epipremmum aureum. Also known as “pothos.”
It is native to Malaysia, Indonesia, and New Guinea. It is a classic plant, and very easy to care for. It has impressive green and gold heart-shaped hanging leaves and will be a fantastic option for beginners because it grows very fast and adapts without problems to all types of environments.
- Pot size: 15cm
- The Pothos are perfect for decorating any type of spaces.
- Pothos is wonderfully versatile in the home: You can grow it in hanging baskets to trail down, let it climb a totem or trellis, or grow horizontally along a tabletop or mantle.
- The pothos is not safe for children or pets, it is a toxic plant if ingested.
- Light: the pothos is able to survive in low light and even with artificial light. However, to grow in all its splendor, it needs to receive a good amount of sifted light.
- Watering: you should water the plant moderately in summer, once a week. And very occasionally in winter, every 10 days.
- Humidity: it is convenient to keep moisture by spraying its leaves frequently with water.
- Substrate: it will be enough with neutral soil and that it drains well. If the plant is transplanted once a year into a substrate rich in nutrients and minerals, you will not need extra fertilizer.
- Pests: mealybugs and the red spider are the most common pests. They can be removed with pesticides, or by passing through their leaves a cloth impregnated in methyl alcohol
What you should avoid
- Direct sunlight does not benefit you and could burn your leaves.
- Excess water is harmful and could rot its roots.
- Avoid air currents and temperatures below 10 degrees, as they affect you negatively and you could lose your leaves.
- According to a report by NASA, this plant is able to filter the toxins present in the environment.