Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
High humidity levels
Maidenhair Fern Small (up to 40cm)
Nephrolepis exaltata. Also known as “curly fern.”
This beautiful plant native to the tropical areas of South America will not only bring beauty and freshness to your spaces but will also help you filter toxic substances to breathe a purer air.
- Pot size: 12cm
- Place this plant in any humid interior space with indirect light or soft light. The bathroom and kitchen are ideal places.
- Maidenhair Fern is safe for pets and children.
- Light: this plant is happy in places with indirect and soft sunlight.
- Watering: 1 or 2 times a week, and make sure the soil stays moist.
- Repotting: Replant it to a larger pot once a year, during spring.
What you should avoid
- Avoid placing it in excessively dry, hot areas, or in direct sunlight.
- Keep the plant away from radiators and heat-cold sources, to avoid sudden temperature changes.
- The Maidenhair Fern is an effective regulator of the environmental humidity.
- It helps neutralize static electricity caused by electronic devices and textile fibers in your home.
- It also purifies the environment by absorbing the toxic substances present in the air, eliminating the levels of formaldehyde and chemicals, present in the paint and varnish of furniture and walls, plastics, softeners, and cosmetic products.