No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Calathea Libbyana Medium (40-60cm)
This plant belongs to the family of marantas. It is native to the tropical areas of Brazil, where it grows and develops in places with a high level of humidity. It is perfect for lovers of exotic plants.
One of its main hallmarks is its large and colorful leaves, with bright colors contrasted in tones ranging from cream to deep green. They are perfect decorative plants that go well alone or accompanied. A common quality of calatheas is that their leaves react to the lack or presence of light, folding and unfolding with a characteristic crispy sound.
- Pot size: 15-16cm
- We recommend placing it in your bedroom to sleep better. This plant acts as a natural humidifier, which has relaxing effects.
- Calathea Libbyana is safe for pets and children.
- To keep it beautiful, the leaves should be refreshed by wiping a cloth dampened with water. This will give them a fresh and healthy appearance.
- Light: this plant is happy to receive a lot of indirect light.
- Watering: 2 to 3 times per week. Make sure the soil stays moist, but not flooded.
- Humidity: it needs to be sprayed 2 to 3 times per week to maintain a good humidity level.
- Substrate: we recommend placing a mixture of mulch, substrate and sand in the pot so that the soil drains well. And also place the pot on a saucer, raising it with stones to avoid direct contact with the water.
- Fertilizer: to maintain the attractiveness and smoothness of its beautiful leaves, we recommend placing liquid fertilizer in its soil every 2 months.
What you should avoid
- This plant is shy and not very adventurous so it prefer staying in the same place.
- Avoid excess light, since the sun burns its leaves.
- Excessive watering could “drown” this plant. Hold the lack of water better than the excess.
- Cold air currents do not suit him.
- People who suffer from dryness in the airways, nose and oral cavity will find a great ally in this plant. Its hydro-regulating power makes it a very useful natural humidifier in dry and hot environments.
- Calathea libbyana is also a natural purifier, as it captures dissolved toxins in the environment.