No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Calathea Roseopicta Medium (40-60cm)
Calateas are tropical plants native to the rainforests of Brazil, Venezuela or Mexico. Calathea roseopicta is highly prized for its beauty. The elegance of its almost black leaves lined with pink always make it stand out.
- Pot size: 15-16cm
- We recommend placing it in your bedroom or office, because, thanks to its purifying and moisture regulating properties, it creates an environment that is conducive to relaxation, concentration and rest.
- Calathea rosepicta is safe for pets and children.
- To keep it beautiful, the leaves should be refreshed by wiping a cloth dampened with water. This will give them a fresh and healthy appearance.
- Light: this plant is happy to receive a lot of indirect light.
- Watering: 2 to 3 times per week. Make sure the soil stays moist, but not flooded.
- Humidity: it needs to be sprayed 2 to 3 times per week to maintain a good humidity level.
- Substrate: we recommend placing a mixture of mulch, substrate and sand in the pot so that the soil drains well. And also place the pot on a saucer, raising it with stones to avoid direct contact with the water.
- Fertilizer: to maintain the attractiveness and smoothness of its beautiful leaves, we recommend placing liquid fertilizer in its soil every 2 months.
- Replanted: spring is the ideal time to make a change of pot and obtain new plants. You just have to separate a piece of root ball, leaving some roots and leaves, and planting them in new pots.
What you should avoid
- This plant is shy and not very adventurous. It is better not to change its location.
- Avoid excess light, since the sun burns its leaves.
- Excessive watering could “drown” this plant. Hold the lack of water better than the excess.
- Cold air currents do not suit him.
- People who suffer from dryness in the airways, nose and oral cavity will find a great ally in this plant. Its hydro-regulating power makes it a very useful natural humidifier in dry and hot environments.
- Calathea rosepicta is also a natural purifier, as it captures dissolved toxins in the environment.