No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Calathea Triostar Medium (40-60cm)
This Stromanthe sanguinea triostar (Calathea Triostar scientific name) is native to the jungles of Brazil. It is the easiest Calathea variety to care for and characterized by it’s spear-shaped leaves, with intense contrasting tones, green and cream on the underside, red and pinkish on the reverse.
- Pot size: 15-16cm
- We recommend placing it in your bedroom or office, because, thanks to its purifying and moisture regulating properties, it creates an environment that is conducive to relaxation, concentration and rest.
- The Calathea Triostar is safe for pets and children.
- The red spider and the chinchilla are the two most common pests in these plants. Avoid spreading by regularly examining the leaves and wiping them with a cloth slightly impregnated with alcohol.
- Light: place it in a place where it receives sifted and soft light, away from windows and corners that receive direct sunlight.
- Temperature: Calathea Triostar needs a maximum temperature of 25 degrees and a minimum of 15 degrees. It will survive above and below these values, but will show symptoms of stress.
- Humidity: constant humidity is another fundamental requirement. To maintain the degree of humidity and avoid the waterlogging that could kill the plant, it is best to place the pot on a plate with water, and on it, some clay stones that absorb, retain and propagate moisture. In spring and summer it is recommended to add a dose of liquid fertilizer in the irrigation water every 15 days.
- Repoting: the triostar cultivated in pot grows rapidly so that during the first years an annual replanting is recommended. From the third year, it can be replanted every 2 years. The best time to replant is at the beginning of spring.
What you should avoid
- Avoid excess light, since the sun burns its leaves. Keep it away from windows and terraces.
- Excessive watering could drown it. This plant can hold better the lack of water than the excess.
- Cold air currents do not suit it.
- People who suffer from dryness in the airways, nose and oral cavity will find a great ally in this plant. Its hydro-regulating power makes it a very useful natural humidifier in dry and hot environments.
- Calathea Triostar is also a natural purifier, as it captures dissolved toxins in the environment