No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree Tall (65cm-1m)
Ficus lyrata. Called “violin leaf fig tree” because of the slight similarity of its leaves with those of a fig tree, lyre or violin.
It is an exotic plant from West Africa. Its beautiful leaves brighten up any corner. It can reach two meters high.
- Pot size: 18-20cm
- The ficus lyrata adapts well to different conditions, even the most adverse ones.
- This plant is perfect for all types of interiors. Put it in your living room, bedroom, office or even bathroom.
- This plant is not suitable for children and pets since its leaves are toxic if swallowed.
- Light: being a plant of tropical origin, it needs light and good temperature.
- Watering: 2 times a week during the summer months. Always check the humidity level of the earth to the touch and add water if you see that it is dry. In winter, it will be enough to water once a week.
- Humidity: to maintain its humidity, it is enough that from time to time you spray its leaves with a little water.
- Fertilizer: Although this plant does not need to be feed often, it should be done during its time of growth, between the months of March to October approximately. In this way, the plant will grow more leafy and its beautiful green tones will be brighter and more intense.
What you should avoid
- Do not make the mistake of watering too much since that would damage your roots.
- Avoid places with incidence of direct light, drafts, or excessive cold.
- Thanks to its large leaves, which act as filters, the ficus lyrata is an excellent natural purifier to clean uploaded toxins from toxins.
- In addition, it contributes to regulating the level of environmental humidity, which is very positive to prevent ailments such as colds, sore throat or cough.