€16.00 Akadama Bonsai Substrate
Japanese substrate designed for the cultivation of potted bonsais.
You might also want
Akadama Bonsai Substrate
AKADAMA Japanese small-grain substrate specifically for growing bonsai.
This substrate is neutral, so it must be mixed with a light substrate high in peat and compost. The substrate of your plants with the passage of time tends to lose its properties and vitamins, ceasing to be useful for your plant. This is why we recommend repotting your bonsai once a year. this will keep it healthy and happy!
How to transplant a Bonsai
- Choose a pot with adequate drainage for the Bonsai species you want to transplant.
- Remove the whole Bonsai from the old pot, taking care to remove the root ball as well.
- Remove the old soil from the base and roots of your Bonsai. With the soil removed and the roots visible, comb them out and remove any diseased roots.
- In a container, mix AKADAMA substrate with light Bonsai substrate.
- Fill the new pot with a layer of the mixed substrate and add the cleaned and combed Bonsai.
- Fill in the remaining soil in the new Bonsai pot.
- Finally, compact the soil a little with your fingers.
- Water abundantly and leave the Bonsai to rest in a bright place.
You might also like...
sku:CM200475 care simple