Not suitable for pets
18-22 cm pot
- Pot: 12cm
- Height: 40-50cm
Calathea roseopicta belongs to the marantas family. It is native to the tropical areas of Brazil, where it grows and thrives in places with a high level of humidity. It is perfect for lovers of exotic plants with large, showy leaves. One of its main distinguishing features are its large, showy leaves, with bright contrasting colours in shades ranging from cream to deep green.
They are perfect decorative plants that go well alone or with others. A common quality of calatheas is that their leaves react to the lack or presence of light, folding and unfolding with a characteristic rustling sound.
- Pot size: 15-16cm
- We recommend placing it in your bedroom to help you sleep better. This plant acts as a natural humidifier, which has relaxing effects.
- Calathea is safe for pets and children. However, accidental ingestion of its leaves may have a purgative effect on your pets.
- To keep it beautiful, the leaves should be refreshed by wiping them with a cloth dampened in water. This will keep them looking fresh and healthy.
- Light: This plant is happy to receive a lot of indirect light.
- Watering: 2 to 3 times a week. Make sure the soil is kept moist, but not waterlogged.
- Moisture: needs to be sprayed 2 to 3 times a week to maintain a good moisture level.
- Substrate: we recommend placing a mixture of mulch, compost and sand in the pot so that the soil drains well. We also recommend placing the pot on a saucer, elevating it with stones to avoid direct contact with the water.
- Fertiliser: to keep its beautiful leaves looking and looking smooth, we recommend adding liquid fertiliser to the soil every 2 months.
- This plant is shy and not very adventurous. To get the best out of it, it is best not to move it from one place to another.
- Avoid too much light, as the sun burns its leaves.
- Excessive watering could "drown" this plant. It is more tolerant of lack of water than of excess.
- Cold draughts are not good for it.
- People who suffer from dryness of the respiratory tract, nose and mouth will find a great ally in this plant. Its hydro-regulating power makes it a very useful natural humidifier in dry and hot environments.
- Calathea roseopicta is also a natural purifier, as it captures the toxins dissolved in the environment.