Not suitable for pets
Fiddle Leaf Fig XL
Ficus lyrata. Called "fiddle-leaf fig" because of the resemblance of its leaves to those of a fig, lyre or fiddle.
It is an exotic plant from West Africa. It can grow up to two metres high.
- The fiddle-leaf fig adapts well to different conditions, even the most adverse.
- This plant is perfect for all types of interiors. Place it in your living room, bedroom, office or even in the bathroom.
- This plant is not suitable for children and pets, its leaves are toxic if swallowed.
- Light: Being a tropical plant, it needs light and good temperature.
- Watering: 2 times per week during the summer months. Always check the humidity level of the soil by touch and add water if it is dry. In winter, watering once a week will suffice.
- Moisture: To keep it moist, simply spray its leaves with a little water from time to time.
- Fertiliser: although this plant does not need to be fertilised frequently, it is advisable to do so during its growth and development period, between the months of March and October. In this way the plant will grow more lush and its beautiful green tones will be brighter and more intense.
- Don't make the mistake of overwatering as this can damage its roots.
- Avoid places with direct light, draughts or excessive cold.
- Thanks to its large leaves, which act as filters, the Ficus lyrata is an excellent natural purifier that also cleans toxins out of polluted environments.
- It helps to regulate the level of humidity in the environment, which is very positive for preventing sore throats, coughs and colds.
P.S. The plant may show brown spots on the foliage or drop its leaves. Both characteristics are natural and are part of normal maturation, as long as they do not occur in abundance.
The plant is wonderful, bigger and more beautiful than I imagined. Its leaves are huge and shiny and it gives the living room an unbeatable look. I give it 4 stars because it arrived a day later than expected and one of the leaves at the top arrived broken. But I would still recommend it.
📦 With recycled cardboard packaging that we have developed to take care of your plant. 💚 Packed with tissue paper that keeps the humidity and a lot of care. 📝 Each plant includes a care card and a dedication (if you want).